Welcome to the Whizz Group new website - notification area, cookies?

General Visitors – The ‘general visitor’ category is for nationals of countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. If you are an EEA or Swiss national, or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national, the European nationals section explains how you can come to the UK.

To come to the UK as a general visitor, you must be able to show that:

You are 18 or over;

You intend to visit the UK for no more than 6 months (or 12 months if you will be accompanying an academic visitor);

You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;

You have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds, or you and any dependents will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends;

You can meet the cost of the return or onward journey; and

You are not in transit to a country outside the ‘Common Travel Area’ (Ireland, the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).

You must also be able to show that, during your visit, you do not intend to:

Live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits;

Take paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public;

Do a course of study, as long as this study is not the main reason for your visit (see ‘permitted study’ below);

Marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership;

receive private medical treatment.